VIRTUAL Event information
- Our Virtual 5K run/walk offers a personal challenge for all levels of runners, walkers, and families.
- As in the past sign up online. Registration opening soon.
- On the honor system complete a 3.1 mile run or 3.1 mile walk, at any time during a 16-day period starting Saturday 9:00 AM July 11- Sunday July 26.
Online Registration, fees, and more related information coming soon!
- The idea is to bring local businesses and participants together to support service work as an annual 5K event.
- The goal is to raise funds to support the St. Joseph youth group’s work on the Appalachian Service Trip.
- While 2020’s service trip to Kentucky has been cancelled, our youth will continue to support the parish in Harlan Kentucky, as well as taking on local service projects in Lake County, Illinois.
- The Knights are also helping food pantries and multiple service organizations here in Lake County. The help provided dependent on the donations raised.
Please support our Sponsors
- Many businesses have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
- As a Thank you for our Race Sponsors past support, we are automatically including all our previous 2019 sponsor logos on the singular 2020 Dash Around the Lake Virtual 5K T-shirt that each runner walker registrant will receive, their logo in the sponsors section, and social media pages.
Last year Event Information
Come join the fun with walkers and runners of all levels !
This is an opportunity to walk or run through this beautiful exclusive campus on private grounds. We hope to see you there! Register today to support and secure your spot!
First time registering?- Check out the short version 2017 Drone Video in the Gallery Tab to catch a glimpse of the beautiful campus and course!
Your entry fee includes.............
- $30 5K Run and 5K Walk
- $20 Age 7 to High School current 2020 Graduates
- Age 6 and under free-still must register, no shirt included.
- Race T-shirt with custom logo on front sponsors on backside
- RFID Bibs with electronic chip for ALL registrants. (Important-wear the bib number assigned to you for all runners and walkers)
- Registration will close at 600 signups
- Online Registration OPENING SOON
- Same day registration available 7:30 am - 8:30 am.
- PENDING CARA members 15% discount using promo code at checkout. Contact CARA or the event email at the bottom pages on this website.
- Location 697 N Lake Street, Mundelein, IL 60060. Rt. 176 entrance will be closed. Use the Rt 45 Entrance
USATF Measured course. Certification number IL-15022-JW
- On site electronic results are posted under Results Tent, optional sent to your phone, and posted on Results page.
- Gun start determines the top 3, Overall finishers Male and Female.
- Chip time determines the age division top 3 medal winners for Male and female. See Results page for age groups.
- Course Map- See under the Maps tab.
- Visit our Sponsor page and click on their hyperlinked logos to see their business website.
- Post race pizza party immediately following the 5K at Mickey Finns in Libertyville.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- Scroll to the bottom and visit the Parking/Maps menu item for additional Shuttle bus Parking information
- Pre-Race and Post race massage roller services
- Same day registration Tent 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
- Gear Check tent
- 9:00 AM sharp start- 5K Run and 5K Walk
- Cyclist leads runners on the course
- Runners corral start. Advanced up front Staggered by Mile pace
- Walkers start immediately following runners
- Strollers start behind walkers
- Approximately 10:00 AM ceremony Age group Medal awards (See Results section for age brackets)
- Course and Finish Line cutoff closes at 10:30 AM
- Snacks, water, gatorade provided
- Stay on the 5K marked course
- NOT ALLOWED: For Safety Concerns: Bicycles, roller blades, in-line skates, roller skates, scooters, long boards, and other wheeled vehicles. NOT ALLOWED
- NO PETS....sorry
- CERTIFIED service pets, please contact us.
- Strollers allowed and must start immediately behind the walkers
- Hydration table near start finish line and midway on the course
- Course Marshalls directing runners and walkers
- Staff with radios
- Staff volunteer all wearing same green Volunteer T-shirts
N0 REFUNDS- EVENT IS ON RAIN OR SHINE
SEVERE WEATHER- EVENT STAFF WILL DIRECT TO SHELTER LOCATIONS.
- Murphy Ambulance on site
- 2 paramedics on site
- Staff 2 way radios
PACKET PICKUP WHEN AND WHERE
- Wednesday June 10 and Thursday June 11. 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- LOCATION NAME TBD
- LOCATION ADDRESS TBD
- See aerial map under Course Maps
RACE DAY PARKING - and Parking/Shuttle Buses
- Rt 176 entrance will be closed and blocked for the event.
- Use the Rt. 45 University Seminary entrance for Early Bird on campus 5K Parking, 697 N Lake Street, Mundelein, IL 60060
- Early bird parking available on site.
- Overflow parking with Shuttle Buses at parking lot very close- 1 stop light North of RT 45 Seminary entrance.
- Parking Attendants will direct
- The Shuttle Bus street name entrance is Motorola Parkway.
- Shuttle Buses running 7:30 am - 11:00 am
- Shuttle Signage, Traffic control, and Parking Attendants also present.
- See maps aerial view under Menu title Parking/Maps
QUESTIONS Race email at the bottom of each website page.
2019, 2018, CARA Certified Race, 1st year CARA Emerging Race- 2017