Come join the fun with walkers and runners of all levels !
This is an opportunity to walk or run through this beautiful exclusive campus on private grounds. We hope to see you there! Register today to support and secure your spot!
First time registering?- Check out the short version 2017 Drone Video in the Gallery Tab to catch a glimpse of the beautiful campus and course!
Your entry fee includes.............
- $30 5K Run and 5K Walk
- $20 Age 7 to High School current 2019 Graduates
- Age 6 and under free-still must register, no shirt included.
- Race T-shirt with custom logo on front sponsors on backside
- RFID Bibs with electronic chip for ALL registrants. (Important-wear the bib number assigned to you for all runners and walkers)
- Registration will close at 600 signups
- Online Registration until June 4.
- Same day registration available 7:45 am - 8:30 am.
- CARA members 15% discount using promo code at checkout. Contact CARA or the event email at the bottom pages on this website.
- Location 697 N Lake Street, Mundelein, IL 60060. Rt. 176 entrance will be closed.
USATF Measured course. Certification number IL-15022-JW
- On site electronic results are posted under Results Tent, optional sent to your phone, and posted on Results page.
- Gun start determines the top 3, Overall finishers Male and Female.
- Chip time determines the age division top 3 medal winners for Male and female. See Results page for age groups.
- Course Map- See under the Maps tab.
- Visit our Sponsor page and click on their hyperlinked logos to see their business website.
- Post race pizza party immediately following the 5K at Mickey Finns in Libertyville.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- Scroll to the bottom and visit the Parking/Maps menu item for additional Shuttle bus Parking information
- New! Chicago Cubs game ticket Raffle! Thank you to one of our race Platinum Sponsor's, The Tranel Financial Group! They are donating 2 tickets for Chicago Cubs game on Tuesday 7:05 p.m. June 25, 2019. To enter please stop by their table on Race Day before or after your run or walk to fill out your name on a ticket. Must be present to win! Winners will be announced after the Medal Awards ceremony. Good luck!
- Pre-Race and Post race massage roller services
- Same day registration Tent 7:45 AM - 8:30 AM
- Gear Check tent
- 9:00 AM sharp start- 5K Run and 5K Walk
- Cyclist leads runners on the course
- Runners corral start. Advanced up front Staggered by Mile pace
- Walkers start immediately following runners
- Strollers start behind walkers
- Approximately 10:00 AM ceremony Age group Medal awards (See Results section for age brackets)
- Course and Finish Line cutoff closes at 10:30 AM
- Snacks, water, gatorade provided
- Stay on the 5K marked course
- NOT ALLOWED: For Safety Concerns: Bicycles, roller blades, in-line skates, roller skates, scooters, long boards, and other wheeled vehicles. NOT ALLOWED
- NO PETS....sorry
- Strollers allowed and must start immediately behind the walkers
- Hydration table near start finish line and midway on the course
- Course Marshalls directing runners and walkers
- Staff with radios
- Staff volunteer all wearing same green Volunteer T-shirts
N0 REFUNDS- EVENT IS ON RAIN OR SHINE
SEVERE WEATHER- EVENT STAFF WILL DIRECT TO SHELTER LOCATIONS.
- Murphy Ambulance on site
- 2 paramedics on site
- Staff 2 way radios
PACKET PICKUP WHEN AND WHERE
- Wednesday June 5 and Thursday June 6. 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- St. Joseph School Gym Foyer, right next to St. Joseph Church
- 121 East Maple, Libertyville, IL. 60048
- See aerial map under Course Maps
RACE DAY PARKING - and Parking/Shuttle Buses
- Rt 176 entrance will be closed and blocked for the event.
- Use the Rt. 45 University Seminary entrance for Early Bird on campus 5K Parking, 697 N Lake Street, Mundelein, IL 60060
- Early bird parking available on site.
- Overflow parking with Shuttle Buses at parking lot very close- 1 stop light North of RT 45 Seminary entrance.
- Parking Attendants will direct
- The Shuttle Bus street name entrance is Motorola Parkway.
- Shuttle Buses running 7:30 am - 11:00 am
- Shuttle Signage, Traffic control, and Parking Attendants also present.
- See maps aerial view under Menu title Parking/Maps
QUESTIONS Race email at the bottom of each website page.
Post race pizza party for runners, walkers, and volunteers immediately following the 5K at Mickey Finns, 345 N. Milwaukee Ave Libertyville, IL 60048. 10:00 am- free Mickey Finns Pizza provided, along with lemonade and water. Select $3 Mickey Finn beer for runners, walkers, volunteers. Other bar options available for purchase. Kitchen regular menu opens at 11:00 am available for purchase.
“This race is CARA Certified and has committed to the CARA Best Practices Guidelines, a high set of standards for quality, safe and operationally sound races.”
2019, 2018, CARA Certified Race, 1st year CARA Race- 2017