- The 8th annual 2022 5K Run/Walk is BACK IN-PERSON!!!
- Saturday June 11, AT The University of St. Mary of the Lake, also known as the Mundelein Seminary.
Registration is Open, Please take a minutes to review details below
- REGISTER by May 31 to reserve your T-shirt. Order goes in the morning of June 1.
- After May 31, T-shirts are available while supplies last
- Due to the current Reconstruction of the South Bridge, there is a new course route going out around the lake and back.
- When you see cones, please keep to the right for 2-WAY Traffic (See Course Map)
- We are grateful to have over 20 local businesses and 5K participants supporting service work.
- The funds raised support the materials used on the St. Joseph youth group Appalachian Trip, Food Pantry,Lake County charities helped by the Libertyville Knights of Columbus, and to help Ukrainian People in Need.
- All the help provided dependent on the total donations raised. Thank you for your support!
First time registering?- Check out the short version 2017 Drone Video in the Gallery Tab to catch a glimpse of the beautiful campus and course!
Your entry fee includes.............
- $30 5K Run/5K Walk
- $20 Age 7 to High School current year Graduates
- Age 6 and under free-still must register, no shirt included.
- Race T-shirt with custom logo on front sponsors on backside
- Electronic BIB# chip for ALL registrants. (Important-please wear the bib number assigned to you for all runners and walkers)
- Free Pizza Party at Mickey Finns in Libertyville following the 5K. A $4 select Finns beer.
- Registration will close at 600 signups
- Online Registration
- Same day registration available 7:30 am - 8:30 am.
Address and Race Day PARKING:
- USE the (RT 45) 697 N Lake Street entrance, Mundelein, IL 60060.
- Rt. 176 entrance will be closed..
- Parking available on campus in Multiple Lots
- PLEASE CAR POOL
New course measured per USATF guidelines
- New course goes out around a portion of the lake and back, with a section having 2 way traffic
- When you see cones, please keep to the Right.
- Electronic results are posted under Results Tent, optional sent to your phone, and posted on Results page shortly after the Race.
- Gun start determines the top 3, Overall finishers Male and Female.
- Chip time determines the age division top 3 medal winners for Male and female. See Results page for age groups.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE-
- Same day registration Tent 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
- NO Refunds- Event is ON Rain or Shine
- Gear Check tent
- 9:00 AM sharp start- 5K Run/5K Walk
- Cyclist leads runners on the course
- Runners corral start. Advanced up front Staggered by Mile pace
- Walkers start immediately following runners
- Strollers start behind walkers
- Approximately 10:10 AM ceremony Age group Medal awards (See Results section for age brackets)
- Course and Finish Line cutoff closes at 10:30 AM
- Snacks, water, energy drinks provided
- POST RACE- Free Pizza AT Mickey Finns following the race, doors open at 10:30AM
- Murphy Ambulance will be On-site near the Start/Finish Line
- Stay on the 5K marked course.
- When you start to see cones, please STAY TO THE RIGHT FOR 2-WAY TRAFFIC
- NOT ALLOWED: Bicycles, roller blades, in-line skates, roller skates, scooters, long boards, and other wheeled vehicles.
- NO PETS
- CERTIFIED service pets, please contact us.
- Strollers allowed and must start immediately behind the walkers
- Hydration table near start finish line and midway on the course
- Course Marshalls directing runners and walkers
- Staff with radios
- Staff volunteer all wearing Volunteer T-shirt
- SEVERE WEATHER- EVENT STAFF WILL DIRECT TO SHELTER LOCATION.
Race T-shirt/BIB# PACKET PICKUP
- Wednesday June 8 and Thursday June 9. 5:00 PM- 7:30 PM
- St. Joseph Libertyville Koenig Center
- 121 E Maple Ave, Libertyille, IL 60048
- Area map being updated
Virtual Registration option:
- RUN SIGNUP suggested we still offer a virtual option for those out of town and not able to attend, or immune compromised avoiding large crowds.
- T-shirt packet pickup at St. Joseph Libertyville Koenig Center Wed June 8 and Thursday June 9.
QUESTIONS Race email at the bottom of website